In remembrance of Aaliyah 13 years after her death in the fatal plane crash… this post is dedicated to her. While in high school, Aaliyah was one of my favorites. From her catchy lyrics to admirable dance moves… Aaliyah could do no wrong.
Aaliyah Dana Haughton would have been 35 this year. Passing way too soon at age 22, Aaliyah was at the prime of her career. This beauty was signed at young age of 12. After partnership and writing with lead songwriter and producer, R.Kelly on her debut album Age Ain’t Nothing but a Number , Aaliyah became known for her singing talents which sold 3 million of first album and even more on sophomore album One in a Million where she partnered with Timbaland and Missy Elliottt.
Per listing of “Billboard, Aaliyah is named as the tenth most successful female R&B artist of the past 25 years and 27th most successful R&B artist in history.”
SOME of my favorite looks, videos and moments from Aaliyah are:
1. 2000 VMA flashback!
2. Aaliyah made showing her mid-drift so stylish! We all admired her abs and her style!
3. Always stylish…
4. One in A Million is still one of my favorite r&b songs!
5. Try Again video was not only stylish but had some of the best dance moves.
6. Loved her Romeo Must Die premier look
7. Her tomboy style was something that I emulated
8. Are you that somebody video had such a dope Timberland beat. I remember the high school dance team creating a routine to this song and I loved seeing this at the football games!
9. More than a Woman video where I loved those black lace up pants!
10. Rock the Boat last video bittersweet… the last video Aaliyah recorded. Although it was sad to loose a talented beauty as she, it’s great to review the work she was a part of and always remember her.
What are some of your fondest moments of Aaliyah?